Speech to inform


In this post I'm going to evaluate a speech from a student who studied at my university. So I've chosen speech number 5 and it is about ANOTHER LONDON


1. Introduction: (10 points)

·         What technique(s) was used in the introduction? The speaker used the technique "Asking rhetorical questions"
·         Any link-element? Yes
·         Was the thesis statement given? "I would like to tell you about it. I would like to tell you street art in this place, about some representatives and, of course, about the possibilities for you to see street art in London"
·         How effective was the introduction? I liked the introduction of the speech.
Very effective
10, 9, 8
Average
7, 6, 5
Not effective
4, 3, 2, 1
Max 10 pts
____8_____


2. Body:  (10 points)
·         How well structured was the information presented?
Highly organized
109, 8
Some organized
7, 6, 5, 4
None
3, 2, 1
·         What organizational structure was used in the body of the speech? The speaker used outlining. It was main headings, supporting materials and some details. Also the speech had transitions and signposts. But in my opinion sometimes this speech was too spontaneous switching from one thing to the other. I was ready to read about the sides of London and then I got street art and then sides again. It was a bit confusing.
·         How understandable was the information (was it clearly explained)?
Very good
10, 9, 8
Had some problems
7, 6, 5, 4
Had major problems
3, 2, 1
·         Quality of point-support (appropriateness, completeness, variety)
Lots of
109, 8
Some
7, 6, 5, 4
Almost no
3, 2, 1
·         Use of facts, illustrations, examples, stories.
Lots of
10, 9, 8
Some
7, 6, 5
None
4, 3, 2, 1
·         Was it coherent? Yes, it was coherent. 
10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Max 10 pts
____8      


3. Conclusion: (10 points)
·         What technique(s) was used in the conclusion? The speaker summed up the main points of their performance. But after reading it I felt that spontaneous thing again. I believe that person was overwhelmed with emotions and made it bit them back. 
·         Were all the steps followed (summary, action, emotional appeal?) Yes, I think so.

·         How effective was the conclusion?
Very effective
10, 9, 8
Average
7, 6, 5
Not effective
4, 3, 2, 1
Max 10 pts
_____6       
Total points:  30
Given points:    ____22     


In my opinion this speech is a good one but I believe it needs some improvement in the 'Body' part
and in the ‘Conclusion’ part. I wanted to have a picture in front of me and being lost in the thoughts of the speaker. I know it is hard to prepare and to present a speech but we need to think about our listeners, too. I believe that with some improvements it is going to be an awesome speech about ANOTHER LONDON that everyone wants to see and visit someday.

I've chosen this speech because I love travelling and obviously I want to visit London one day. Hey, coronavirus, let’s make a deal, maybe? I have some things to see, pretty please!


By CAMOMILE

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения