Physiological reactions to stress or fear

I'm here to write you a new post! Hope you're all okay.
In this time I want to speak about our physiological reaction to stress or fear of public speaking.


Our body is very interesting thing. When we have stage fright, it reacts on our fear and stress. The body perceives the adrenaline signals, assumes that some sort of attack is possible, and simply prepares you for the worst. There is a set of physiological responses. 

I's like to tell you about what happens with blood pressure when we are stressed or afraid of public speaking. I've chosen it because it's common physiological reaction of my organism.

And what exactly happens with my body when I come to the audience? Blood pressure is elevated. And it increases because the body tries to distribute nutrients and oxygen, as well as to remove any poisons from the system. It's medical explanation of this reaction. 
Because of the elevated pressure, heat begins to accumulate in the head,chest and stomach and, accordingly, sweat immediately appears on such parts of the body as a forehead, armpits and palms. What is more the heart starts beating faster to maintain the higher blood pressure.  
To be honest, the most irritating symptoms for me are fast heart beating and cold, sweaty, clammy palms. Really hate them.

Do you have stress or fear of public speaking? What happens with your body? Leave your comments and tell your story.

By CAMOMILE

Комментарии

  1. Hello, Dasha! It is so interesting to understand why and how oir body works the way it works! I hope that someday we will be able to control it.

    Awesome post! Thank you!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. My reaction is related to my breathing. You can always hear my excitement in my voice.

    I think we can handle our fears and our performances will be great!

    ОтветитьУдалить

Отправить комментарий

Популярные сообщения